There are several things to know about what this blog will be:
1. I’ve had this song in my head since I thought of the name.
2. I’m a 27 year old fat man.
I’ve been fat for essentially my entire life. I think all fat kids have very specific memories of moments of fatness. I’ll share two:
1. In 4th grade I played on my elementary school’s basketball team. Our team thought it would be clever to get nicknames on our jerseys instead of our last names, and I selected “tornado” because I watched The Weather Channel more than Nickelodeon. At a tournament in Rosendale, Missouri a boy on a third grade basketball team came up to me and said, “They should have called your earthquake!” and the rest of his team, coaches, and parents of the team laughed directly at me.
2. A girl I had a crush on in the 6th grade told me I had ZZZ cup boobs.
3. I like food.
I’ve always liked food, but even as an adult I’ve grown to love eating and cooking food. I watch more Food Network than any 27 year old man should. I think that I’m okay at cooking, but I am not even close to being good at it. I bet you’re better at cutting vegetables than I am.
4. I’m a teacher and a writer.
This will not come into play too much- I try to keep all that stuff separate from the blog. The writer thing, though, that’s important. I’m also going to try to write a book while I’m blogging about things this blog isn’t about, so basically one or both of them will epically fail.
5. Exercise blows.
God, doesn’t it? I see these people who like exercise and it’s like they speak another language. I lack the ability to effectively communicate with them. Earlier this year I attempted the Couch to 5K program. It worked for like a month and a half, and then I got really sick and completely stopped working on it. I’ve probably tried to run three times since February. My latest plan is to use the workout equipment provided to me in my apartment building to maintain variety and enthusiasm for exercise. It probably won’t work. I’m also using the Audible app on my phone and listening to books while I workout. I love reading, so maybe adding something I love into something that is awful will cancel the crap out? The first book I’m listening to is The Happiness Project.
What can you expect?
On New (F)attitude, you can expect:
-recipe reviews. I’m not at all creative enough to come up with my own recipes.
-exercise honesty. I promise you I will not tell you I love using an elliptical machine if I don’t love using an elliptical machine.
-product reviews. These will usually be random things I find in the organic section of my local Hy-Vee grocery store. I’d love your suggestions!
-article reviews. Any health, food, or exercise related article is up for grabs. I’d love your suggestions here, too.
-restaurant reviews. My city does not offer a lot when it comes to healthy food or restaurants that don’t end in Bell or Hut. But there are some. And Kansas City is nearby. A lot of it will probably be figuring out how to eat out at restaurants I already love and not have a coronary attack when I leave.
-rants. Probably lots of them.
So I hope you stick around, and I hope you enjoy!